England - 2018




1) Eden and Eating Big Steamy Blobs
“I dunno, looks like a big steamy dinosaur turd to me ?”  Read more …







2) Grooming in Bath
“Well, we use razors, burn your ears, and do all the traditional cuts.”  Read more …








3) Shaw’s Corner Counsel
As the years pass, it gets harder and harder to identify age-appropriate role models.  Read more …








4) Jane Austen meets Stephen Leacock
“You know it’s been at the top of my wish list …”  Read more …










5) The Celery Root Route
Wherever I go in the future, I’m going to carry around a leafy celery root.  Read more …








6) Chocolate Box Head
“It’s embarrassing,” I said. “And I feel I have to explain myself.” 
Read more …








7) Doing your Best at the Lit Fest
When travelling, we try to work as volunteers at writers’ festivals.  
Read more …






8) Beyond Brunel
Three things about England intimidate me: roundabouts off the M-4 motorway, pub food that sounds like a personal injury or disease, and Isambard Kingdom Brunel.  Read more …







9) Lazy in Lacock
I don’t mind admitting that I am getting older. But just not out loud. And not to other people.  Even my wife. 
Read more ... 







10) Going by the Dogs
You can get to the periodic island of St. Michael’s Mount in several ways. Read more …